10/22/2006

Countdown continues...

I've just completed my second week of the eight week training build up to the second Dan Taekwondo test. The first week was fine, but all of a sudden, the last week felt so exhausting. I struggled to get through a double bout of Hapkido and Taekwondo each day. I'm pretty delirious by the time I get to work at 7:30am each morning - nevermind, as my student's commitments to my English classes are often not too inspirational themselves! I also have to contend with our workplace's Halloween Party which will clash with Taekwondo class. I think the Halloween Party is the worst moment as far as work goes. It was fine for kindergarten, but it's pretty twisted to do face painting, sip cola and pass the pumpkin among adults. Thank Ghost, at least it's just one day of the year...

Anyway, the build up to test countdown has a very strange feel to it. I'm no where near as anxious as for the first Dan test, and I'm not even doing extra exercises such as going out running as I had done for the first Dan. My build up is not the best physically, but I think I have gained some psychological wisdom about the whole procedure. Furthermore, this time around, I have to aim towards learning the Korean national anthem. I'm up to line 3 so far.

No comments: